Who Doesn't Love a good Guac? For real.
Every time I make this guacamole for a group or party, or even just myself, the bowl is basically licked clean. No, I'm not above licking dishes. If it's got something like this guac on it... Try this for your next potluck dish, baby shower contribution, or superbowl snack. See if the bowl isn't bare when you leave. What's my secret?
- I make sure the avocados are perfectly ripe - for better flavor and texture
- See how to pick the best ones HERE
- I put a tonnnn of ingredients inside the guac - this makes every bite chunky and packed with flavor!
- I chop those ingredients roughly to give the guac more substantial texture
- I use a scoop of Collagen Peptide Protein Powder from Vital Proteins - it's flavorless and dissolves right in
You can put collagen peptides in anything & everything
Why do I include this amazing secret ingredient?
The Bennies (Benefits):
Bone & joint health
Better athletic performance
Improved gut health
More youthful appearance
Hair & nail growth
After I learned what was in many generic protein powders (heavy metals & gross fillers), I searched for a better alternative & discovered Collagen Peptides. I immediately tossed my Costco vanilla protein and started using Collagen every day. I've recommended this to sooooo many people who also love it. The best part is...it's flavorless. Which makes it so versatile!
It can mix into anything!
- Guacamole (obviously)
- Kitchari (see my first post for the best Kitchari)
Ok, now that you love Collagen like me...
Here's my "Bowl Licking Killer Guac"
Disclaimer - I never measure anything when I make this.
- 4 large ripe avocados (I'm usually a stickler for organic, but avocado is one fruit you don't need to worry about - nothing is gonna penetrate that shell)
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, roughly chopped (I use grape or cherry tomatoes - less liquid and soupiness to the guac)
- 1 heaping Tbsp minced garlic
- bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2-1 jalapeño (depending on how spicy you like it), finely diced
- 1-2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Coarse Sea Salt (always coarse)
- 1 lime
- Sliced cucumber and peppers for dipping
- Cut and scoop all avocado into a big bowl, mash a little with a fork
- Mix in Collagen Peptides and stir until dissolved
- Add all other chopped veggies - onion, jalapeño, garlic, cilantro - everything except tomatoes (important)
- Give it a big stir - it should be pretty chunky
- Add sea salt a 1 tsp at a time, to your taste preference
- Roll lime on the countertop a bit to free up the juice. Cut and squeeze into guac mix.
- Add tomatoes last. Stir.
- Transfer to pretty bowl and keep the avocado pit in the mix to keep it fresh
*** Before serving, I like to top mine off with a dash more of coarse sea salt, a squeeze of lime and a little pile of chopped cilantro. (Then the first lucky few people to dip into it get a TON of flavor! And love you for it. )
CHEERS & MUAH!